Q. How do I join CGR Credit Union?
A. To become a member of the credit union, fill out a membership form and return it along with a copy of a government issued picture ID and a copy of your Social Security Card. You must open a share/savings account with a minimum of $5 initial deposit.
Q. I no longer work in the Medical Center of Central Georgia, can I still retain my membership?
A. Yes! "ONCE A MEMBER - ALWAYS A MEMBER" You are still able to continue your membership, regardless of where you live or work.
Q. Can my family members join the Credit Union?
A. Yes! Any member of your immediate family can become members.
Q. How do I add/remove a joint member to/from my account?
A. To add a member you will need to complete a new signature card, which you and the joint member sign where indicated. To remove a joint member, all joint members of the account need to agree to the removal, or the account can be closed and remaining joint members may open a new account.
Q. Can someone else make a transaction on my account?
- Individual accounts can only be accessed by the individual member. No other person can make transactions.
- Joint Accounts - Any person(s) on the account can make transactions (deposits, withdrawals, etc.)
Q. When can I change my payroll deduction?
A. You can change your payroll deduction anytime by completing a payroll deduction authorization form.
Q. I am a new member, how long do I have to wait to apply for a loan?
A. You may apply for a loan as soon as you become a member. There are no membership time requirements for loan qualifying.
Q. What does the credit union look for when determining loan approval?
A. At CGR Credit Union, there are a variety of determining factors, such as employment history, amount of total debt, credit score, purpose of the loan and your relationship with the credit union that determine loan approval. Our members are more than just a credit score when applying for a loan with us.
Q. Why should I use Direct Deposit?
- Safe – Your paycheck is protected against loss or theft.
- Worry-free – Now you can be assured that your check is deposited, even when you're away from home.
- Saves time – You no longer have to make special trips to the credit union or stand in long lines on payday.
- Convenient – No more waiting for the mailman. Your deposits will be made for you automatically, allowing you to set your own timetable for getting cash.
- Online Bill Pay – Free with Direct Deposit
Q. How do I apply for Direct Deposit?
A. Our Member Service Representatives have all the necessary forms. If you wish, they will be happy to fill them in for you. All you have to do is tell them how you want your money distributed and sign your name. CGR Credit Union will take care of everything else.
Q. How will I be able to keep track of my money?
A. Your check stub from your paycheck is your permanent record. Or with Timely Teller, our 24 hour telephone response system you can check your balance at any time.
Q. Is there a charge for this service?
A. This service is free to all participating CGR Credit Union members.